Friday, November 10, 2017

Coffeeneuring Challenge 2017: Ride 7 Freshy's


The forecast was for dry weather Friday and Saturday and then a pattern of rain for the next week so I decided to strike while it was relatively dry for ride # 7, the finish line of the Coffeeneuring challenge 2017.  Not only did the weather gods smile on me but so did the deities of the traffic lights.  There are 5 lights between me and my destination so 10 for the round trip.  I made it through them all without having to stop! I am pretty sure that is a first.


My destination today was Freshy's, they have been open for 12 years and are within 2 miles of my house and this was my first visit!  They have a funky living room vibe. eclectic furniture and arcade games scattered throughout.


I could have even sat next to the (gas) fireplace if I'd wanted to.


Instead I sat at the Space Invaders table top arcade game, probably a good thing it wasn't working or I might have had to feed it some quarters for old times sake.


Even as I finish this years challenge I am thinking of next year, Olympia coffee, based in the state capitol is going to open a shop in West Seattle.  They had a target open of October 1st but look no closer to opening than they did when I first noticed their store front 3 weeks ago.  So they may be on the roster for 2018.

The data:

  1. Where - Freshy's Coffee
  2. Date - November 10th, 2017
  3. Consumed - Mocha, everything bagel toasted with cream cheese
  4. Details - dry, 45 degrees, bike parking out front, first visit
  5. Mileage - 6.05 KM / 3.78 Miles

Until next year. Ride. Caffeinate. Smile. Repeat

Edit:

And today I sent away for my prize


Patches!  We really do need some stinkin" patches!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment