Sunday, March 11, 2018

Almost, but not quite, there


The plan for today was to finish the 1973 Motobecane Mirage, but first I was going to ride to the farmers Market.  It was sunny and 60 degrees today so I was wanted to enjoy the weather.


There were tiny pies to be purchased and eaten later with the girl (Bumble berry).

pFreim Triple IPA

And tiny beers to be sampled at the Beer Junction, a great start to my Sunday.





After getting a start in July of last year, I have been working on the Mirage for much of the last three days and it is very close to being ready to list but I have a couple things left and I am calling it quits for the day.  Since it was so beautiful out I did take the opportunity to take a few pictures.  This isn't the most troublesome build ever but nor is it the easiest and I will have a tale to tell once it is truly finished.  I felt my break was well deserved.



Until next time; Ride.Smile. Repeat

4 comments:

  1. I'm fond of our double IPAs here but didn't know there was a triple version...So great to see you are on a roll again, fixing up bikes. I'm amazed that you are down to 3 bikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the triple. I am not quite to 3 yet Annie but the goal is in sight. With any luck I will have to on CL next weekend and one final project before tacking the Cresta GT

      Delete
  2. Hey Ryan I hope you are well and by the looks of catching up on your posts you have been busy. Moving bike parts and bikes off your balcony and back out into the world. I have been lax about keeping up with my favorite blogs. I've been on a bit of a self evaluation and improvement kick here in 2018. Trying to find happiness and peace of mind in everyday common things, be kind to people, no judgement....you know that good karma stuff!! Plus dropping off a few lb's off the body to freshen up my summer bike riding!! Good for you on cleaning things up. I know how hard that is. A person can get paralysis of action by the volume of things to start and do.
    Only thing I have to report on the cycling front is a rebuild on my Schwinn LeTour on the drive train. I was out riding this Saturday and it was 14 miles of frustration. My chain seem to have a mind of its own bouncing all over the chain rings and cassette. On to the stand it went when I got home and I measured my chain and I had some stretch to it. Close inspection of my big chain ring revealed to me worn teeth and when I really looked hard at my cassette there were sprockets that had some wobble. Neglect by me for not checking my chain earlier. So, ordered parts and a rebuild will start this weekend!!
    Be well my friend
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely feels good to be thinning the herd Jim, and chapeau on all that drivetrain wear - it means you’re riding enough to wear stuff out!

      Delete