Thursday, November 14, 2019

Eight is Great: Coffeeneuring 2019 extra credit


In honor of it being the 8th year of the Coffeeneuring challenge there is an optional Eight is Great ride that you can do this year.  I figured what the heck.  Although the HD is not vintage it is vintage inspired with its: steel frame, lugged fork, bar end shifters in friction mode, Nitto bars and Brooks B.17 saddle.  It is also the 8th different bike I rode in the challenge this year.  If I hadn't sold 3 of the bikes I used in this years challenge my apartment would be overrun with bikes!


I decided for ride #8 to treat myself to Bakery Nouveau a local, award winning French bakery that has spoiled me for croissants.


But that isn't all they have, the above is just one of the cases in the shop and there are no bad choices.  I went with something I hadn't had before but have noticed on my last few trips


It sounded like Queen Aman when they pronouced it and it didn't disappoint.


I had a latte to go with my pastry and it was decent but not as good as the other places I have been this challenge, however you don't come here for the coffee and the pastry was excellent.  I also remembered my patches this time!


Parking was decent but there is nothing right out front, the store is down where those white tables and chairs on the sidewalk are.  It wasn't sunny but it did not rain. 

The data:
  1. Where: Bakery Nouveau, 4737 California Ave SW, Seattle WA 98116
  2. Date: November 14th  at 10:20 am.
  3. Consumed:  latte and Kouign Amann pastry
  4. Details:  Cloudy, 50 degrees, bike parking down the block from entrance
  5. Mileage: 2. miles
  6. Bike Used: 2009 Handsome Devil
Ride. Caffeinate for extra credit. Smile. Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment