Sunday, June 24, 2018

Drinking beer for the Co-op and Moto_GT drive train day




For the second year in a row I went to the Peddler brewing benefit for Bike Works Co-op.  Its on a Friday so I just drive there instead of going home, maybe next year I will ride.


I drink beer and the Co-op gets a donation, yes please!  Its a very bike friendly place, good beer and I even got to see the Mariners on TV, what more could I ask for?


Bike Works had a few of their finished bikes on display including this Novara Ponderosa steel mountain bike, I would love to find something like this in a more dilapidated state for cheap to replace the Miyata trail runner I had to sell in the spring.


One of my favorite days at the Farmers market, first Raspberries!  Today was the day and they taste as good as they look, yum.


I've been working for the past week on cleaning up the dirty drive train.  The derailleurs were especially filthy and even after an extended sonic bath I had lots of ancient grease to get off the jockey wheels of the RD.



And after some polishing the RD is looking nice and shiny.


I had a whole table full of clean shiny parts so it was time to get to work getting things back on the bike.


First I went with the low hanging fruit and got the RD back on the frame.


I took lots of pictures of how the crank went together, and came apart, so I was equally careful in putting it back together.  Step 1; small ring and spacer/nuts.


Step 2; spider crank arm.


Step 3; big ring

Step 4; bolt together.

Step 5; spacers on big ring.


Step 6; attach bash guard.


Done and ready to go back on the bike.


Crank-set and front derailleur mounted to the frame.  I am starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.


Ride.Smile.Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment