Thursday, November 1, 2018

Progress on the LeTour


While distractedly watching a game on Sunday (Rams vs Packers) I finally got around to waxing the Schwinn frame, something I had put off for weeks.  Not sure why I was dragging my feet but I finally got it done.


Which meant I could assemble the bottom bracket and..


Headset which meant I had a frame to start hanging things off.


Like the rear derailleur which, beside the bb and headset, is one of the few things to go through the sonic bath.


The shifters got a wipe down and put back on, I need to go back and apply some lube and decide if I am going to set up the bike as indexed or friction since the rear shifter can do either.  I will probably do what I did with the Cresta GT, try indexed and if it gives me guff switch to friction.


The bottle cage that was on the bike was squashed and a bit frail looking, and I didn't feel like messing with it, so I dropped about $5 on a new planet bike one.



A before and after of the seat post, a little attention with some brass wool does wonders.


I also cleaned up the stem, not planning on replacing the bar tape so that should save some time, so for now the cockpit is back on the bike.  With a good push this weekend I can almost have this thing looking like a bike again.


Ride.Smile.Wax.Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment