Monday, October 7, 2019

Coffeeneuring is Nigh!



Coffeenuring 2019 kicks this Friday the 11th.  It will be year 8 for the event and year 4 for me doing the event.  You can read all about it here but for those who don't know it essentially boils down to riding your bike to coffee 7 times in about 7 weeks.

Cafe Umbria in downtown Seattle

Something you can choose to do is to have a theme and for this year my theme is not in my back yard (NIMBY).  In the last 3 years I have been to nearly all the coffee shops in my neighborhood that don't have a Mermaid logo.  That coupled with the fact that I have been riding a bit farther each time on my rides means I think I can ride to downtown which A) isn't that far, 4 miles to the outskirts of down town proper and b) I'll be able to keep adding on the mileage and C) I often lament that there is so much great food and drink downtown but I never go there.  Mostly because I have so much great food and drink in my 'hood so why leave?  This will also mean I get to start doing some hills which I have avoided.  Avalon is my easy hill back home, about a 6% grade. and its just been repaved so I've got that going for me.

I have a secondary theme involving bikes but I am not sure how that will work out so I am going to keep it quiet for now.

Let the drinking of the caffeinated drinks commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment