Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Say goodbye to my little friend....


I have had the Trek 850 for sale for a few weeks and after getting a ton of interest followed by an equal amount of ghosting on FB Market place I put it on CL and finally had someone follow through on it today.


I was very honest that it shifted to 18 of 21 gears but didn't go into the biggest cog in back, because of that I sold it a bit cheaper than I could have but also didn't spend alot of time fussing for one gear or worse overdoing it and sending the chain into the spokes.


I had a guy of my vintage buy it and I think he's gonna set it up for his dad, they both rode it and liked it.   That makes me feel better, in addition to doubling my money on it, because although I liked it and think it was a slightly shorter stem away from being a perfect fit I just didn't see I would be riding it much in the next year.  I have other projects going, Trek 520 and Specialized Allez, and some road riding I want to do on neglected road/touring bikes, so I was happy the 850 is going to a place where it will get used.


I will be starting a new contract gig in March but it will be nice to have a bit more cash and one less bike in the meantime.   Some day a vintage mountain bike will arrive that fits, I will have a use for, and the time and money to make it mine, just not today.

Ride. Smile. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment