Now that the bike is in the stand we can address a few things, like the brakes which are mush right now.
I got the old brake cables and housing out and replaced them with new cables and housing from my Bell kit. And I replaced the brake pads while I was at it. For the rears I couldn't get them adjusted correctly because the cheap V brakes only adjusted from one side. So I spent a whooping 12 bucks on a new V brake set for the rear with adjustments on both sides and that took care of the issue. Sorry no pictures of that.
I took off the wheels so I could tackle all the bearings.
Bottom bracket first and then on to the headset and wheels/
And I added both a bottle cage and pump.
Unfortunately after I got the new chain on the front shifting started acting up. I am no expert on index shitting or grip shifters and due to time and for my sanity I took it to the bike shop so they could sort it. I hope to have in back in the next few days when I can add the rack and a few other goodies and call it done.