Friday, June 28, 2019

Randonee: On the Block


Due to a number of factors I have decided to list the Randonee on CL.   First of all its summer and therefore the prime time to sell bikes, I have sold the Ibex and I have had some interest in the Letour but I have a ridiculous number of bikes and the Novara is the closest to being ready for sale.  My other bikes are either keepers or projects that need the full treatment.  Also while I like the Novara it is overlapped by multiple other bikes (520, HD, Cresta, 420, Moto_GT) in the stable.


I decided to be a bit smarter than I have been in the past and I removed the nice VO leather saddle and replaced it with the Vetta that was on the Cresta GT,





I also removed the Sneaker pedals and swapped them over to the Handsome devil and took the platforms from the HD, originally on the Trek 420, and put them on the Randonee.



For now I am leaving the updated cockpit in place and pricing the bike high enough so I recoup those costs, but if the bike languishes on CL for multiple weeks then I can always swap to the stock cockpit and lower the price.


Another reason to get a bike on CL is that I have been hearing allot of grumbling on Bike Forums about how soft the Vintage bike market has become.  I have never been in this for making $$ but I like to at least break even.  A soft market might be good for me in that I could pick up bikes I am interested in for less but I do have a glut currently I would like move and not take a total bath on.  Time will tell.


Ride. Reduce. Resell. Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment