Saturday, June 8, 2019

The forgotten bike


When I stored the Novara Randonee at work my expectations were that I would get in at least one ride a week after work.  For various reasons that hasn't been working out until Wednesday.  I noticed rain in the forecast for late in the week and decided it was time to get a ride in.


There is a rather large hill that would have finished the ride and I wasn't feeling it.  I figured wimping out and driving the short distance to the trail head was better than no ride.  The hill will come in time.


I had a nice 10 mile ride along Lake Sammamish in mild high 60s temperatures.  I wasn't particularly fast but it was just nice to be out cruising down the nice flat trail.


The trail runs along the lake between Redmond and Issaquah, I know the residents in the million dollar lakeside homes don't like having the great unwashed so close to their fancy homes but fortunately the county made good use of the old railroad right of way and despite efforts to block the building of the trail it got done.  It's a very pleasant place to ride.


And after the ride the bike is back in secured bike parking at work, ready to go again.  I noticed on this ride that my right tricep was talking to me on the ride, not a big issue but if we had gone around the lake and done 20 miles it might have become one.  That prompted me to start a spreadsheet of all the bikes in the fleet when I got home so I could list measurements and figure out why one bike felt just fine and another might cause an ache in my arm or neck or between the shoulder blades.  Also when I have all the data on what works and what doesn't it will be even easier to replicate in the future.  I have a rough idea of what works now but I want to hone in on the why.

Ride.Ponder.Smile repeat.

2 comments:

  1. I think this bike is a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, it came together nicely, not sure about its long term prospects in the crowded stable but for now its a great "leave it at work" bike

      Delete