Thursday, January 2, 2020

First ride of 2020



No I didn't ride on the 1st and this ride wasn't really very long but I got off the couch before the rains came and rode down to the local park on the Trek Antelope.  So I got on the board both for riding and blogging in the new year.


The Trek is really perplexing me, I am torn between trying to sell it, triple my investment and use the proceeds towards a hybrid - which I have been obsessing about for months.  Or, biting the bullet and swapping out the stem, which would mean new grips, and ordering the Schwable city tires and finding out if this is really a sweet urban ride or just ok.  I have a slightly shorter stem and nice Ergon grips but if I later decide I want to, or need to, move the bike on I would probably just buy some cheap grips and keep the Ergons.  If I do that I am into this bike for about $70 bucks between initial purchase, new tires, and new grips  and so I in break even mode at that point if I sell it, or maybe making a small gain but certainly not doubling my $$.


In the meantime I will endeavor to..

Ride. Smile, Repeat.

2 comments:

  1. I finished the Modifications on my LHT changing out the cockpit, now on to the big change that I am going to perform on Ogre taking it to a 1x12 drive train. It is all making the winter go by a little bit quicker. I posted on my FB page, I wonder if there is a way to transport that over to this forum??
    Anyway, you'll probably like this Trek if you set it all up with the stuff you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Jim I have a 1x9 on the Handsome devil and really like it and if I can get reasonably fit it should take me 90% of where I want to ride. Found your FB page and will look for bike posts

    ReplyDelete