Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Market ride in a time of Pandemic



Right after the state lock down the farmers market closed for  nearly 2 months, it opened up last week and this week I decided to ride my bike up and check it out.


I parked the bike in the usual spot and headed across the street to the market.


I was directed to a line so they could meter how many folks were in the market at one time.


The line of one of many new measures, like the fact that I and most shoppers and all vendors had on masks and there were helpful chalk marks to help us stand 6 feet apart. 


They weren't encouraging allot of loitering so I got in, got my stuff, and loaded up the bike.



I scored a nice collection of bread, cheese, spring onions and smoked salmon.



I found the measures they had in place sensible and it seemed like folks were doing their best to follow them and also enjoy the bounty of the market.  I certainly enjoyed a market ploughman's platter when I got home.  Stay safe out there.

Ride.  Get good local eats. Smile. Repeat.

2 comments:

  1. They're doing something similar in our market, which hasn't opened quite yet. I signed up again for a CSA farm share - looking forward to local produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about a CSA I am just worried I wouldn't be able to use it all up..

    ReplyDelete