Sunday, June 21, 2020

Time to Allez (Go) with the rebuild


I started fathers day with a short ride on the Allez,  because its so fun to ride I have delayed actually tearing it down,  I figured the only way to stop riding it so I could refurb it was to start taking it apart.


So once I got back from the ride (back) in the work stand it went. 


I was making pasta for lunch so while things boiled I had time to remove the wheels, brakes, derailleurs and shifters.  The box of parts was starting to fill.


With those parts and the chain off its starting to look kind of barren.


A few more twists of the hex wrench and the seat post and saddle as well as the cockpit are off the bike.


I got one crank bolt out no problem but the other is being stubborn so I am just leaving it for now, a bit more time with the crank, BB and Headset and I will be down to the frame.


I have quite a few fresh parts for the Allez, not pictured is the new Cassette which is on the rear wheel.  I don't plan on replacing the brake hoods but have a pair of replacements I *think* will work, just in case.

Ride.  Refurb. Smile. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment