Saturday, October 10, 2020

Combo Challenge ride #1

 

I spent Friday finishing up the rear hub, and then doing the bottom bracket.



I even took time to clean up the back of the filthy crankset and by the end of the day all 4 bearings had been cleaned and got new grease although I kept the existing bearings, they just got thoroughly cleaned. 


I had some issues with the rear tube but got that patched and sorted and the bike is ready for the combo challenge.  Since I am still sucking wind and I haven't really test ridden the bike yet the first ride will be the Coffeeneuring minimum of 2 miles just to see how things shake out.



I choose a new coffee shop just down the street from me so most of my riding came before the coffee.   I did ok considering, my wind isn't anywhere near where I would like it but its better than it was a week ago so I'll take it.  I didn't get a picture but I had a zesty westy which is orange zest and dark chocolate, it was good but I hadn't really thought things through as I couldn't sit inside but fortunately they had a bench outside and it was mostly sunny out.  Two miles is only 3.2 kilometers so I have a ways to go but I am on the board.  



The saddle height and position could use some dialing in and the FW is noisy despite my spraying tri-flow into it while dealing with the rear hub bearings but the overall fit and size of the bike feels fine.  We shall see how I feel after some longer rides.


The data:
  1. Where: Youngstown Coffee.
  2. Date: October 10th at 2:15 pm.
  3. Consumed:  Zesty Westy - orange zest and dark chocolate
  4. Details:  Gorgeous fall day, no rack parked bike in front of shop
  5. Mileage: 2 miles
  6. Bike Used: 1986 Shogun Prairie Breaker I


Ride a clunker. Drink Coffee. Smile. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment