Saturday, October 3, 2020

Shogun Prairie Breaker I

 


I have been actively looking for a Specialized RockHopper but haven't found one in the right size, price, components combination as yet.  Yesterday I did come across something that interested me, a Shogun Prairie breaker, of immediate interest was that it was my size and cheap at $50.  As I looked closer though more things appeared that drew my interest.


I had never had a Shogun pass through my hands before..


I am a sucker for a biplane fork,,,


Bullmoose bars, which I think are cool...


Thumbies!  and these are the desirealbe metal ones not cheap plastic.


So I went and picked it up this evening.  The plan for now is to clean it, perhaps service the bearings, leave it as is and ride it as clunker challenge bike #2,  This weekend I will get more info and find the serial # so I can narrow down the year but I think it may be an 85 or 86 at a guess.


Look at that stretched out stance! 

Ride. Smile. Repeat,

No comments:

Post a Comment