I have ridden and commuted in the rain many times, its Seattle after all, but that was with fenders and I don't currently have a bike set up with them. Its almost criminally stupid to ride a fender-less bike in Seattle in winter but I have been riding so infrequently that I have gotten away with it. I do have a nice set of VO fenders that used to be on the Handsome Devil before I went to 700x47c tires and I think they will go on the Schwinn Passage during the rebuild so I'll have a good rain bike.
|Steak and Eggs - like budda|
Although this place is more famous for their cupcakes then their coffee they aren't exactly serving up Boyd's in glass carafe.
|but serious coffee cred|
I ended up with the Triple threat chocolate babycake with a hazelnut latte, both were excellent. The shop itself had kind a college hangout vide despite being at least 5 miles from the nearest college. I can just see meeting your study group here, spreading out at a table and working on your class project.
So ride number 2 is in the books, here is the summary:
- Where: Cupcake Royale/Verite Coffee, 4556 California Ave SW, Seattle
- When: Sunday October 16th 1:30 pm
- Drink: Stumptown Hazelnut Latte and a triple threat babycake
- Ride: Since the coffee shop is only .7 miles from me I did a few loops, the location was very bike friendly with a rack right out front. Wet leaf strewn streets in the aftermath of the storm.
- Distance: 3.79 Kilometers/2.355 miles
Until next time; Ride. Smile. Caffeinate. Repeat.