Sunday, January 19, 2020

I am not made of sugar....


,,Nor  am I a ride anytime anywhere guy, when it was in the 30s and snowing earlier this week I did not ride or wrench for that matter.


However high 40s and typical Seattle drizzle I can handle, I am not made of sugar and I will not melt.  Heck I didn't even have fenders of a rain jacket.


The Trek 850 got the call, it still needs some help to get the final 3 gears working and the rear brake squeaks a bit.  But for $20, a patch for the front tube and some brake kleen to fix the shifting from about 6 gears to start to the 18 current working currently, it works pretty good.  I think some time with a park tools video and a screw driver should restore ALL the gears and I will have to play with the rear brake pads.


It didn't feel like a day for regular space ways so I ordered the MEGA space ways Imperial IPA from Modern Times in San Diego.  I was thinking of getting a 20 oz beer to take home to enjoy with chips and salsa while watching championship football but alas I have no rack or panniers, so sad... but wait.



As it turns out this fits perfectly..


In a bottle cage, so I brought some beer home after all.


Still haven't figured out what to do with the Trek but for now I am enjoying using it and getting it up to spec.

Ride.Smile. Haul beer. Repeat

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha, love the "beer" holder! Looks like something I would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I was mixing bloody mary's and noticing that the worcestershire sauce came wrapped in a small brown bag. Inspiration struck and my roommate and I (skiing at Big Bear Lake at the time) came up with BIG BEAR BEAR, Brewed and Bottled at Big Bear with it's own Brown Bag.

    So where I am heading with this is...well I carry beer in my bottle cage all the time (hence my Foster's oil can habit and of course wrapped in a brown bag, if they have one that fits. I know which store has cold Foster's (which never seems to be cold) and bags to fit.

    It occurs to me just now that oil no longer comes in quart cans. Why does that somehow sadden me? So many things do, these days. Hmmm...maybe a Foster's...I am the oldest guy on a hundred man work site. Last week I was asking around if anybody knew what a church key was and what it had to do with beer. Nobody knew, although one guy got close by asking "ain't that what they used in Vietnam to open rations?" When I explained, most of them thought I was bullshitting. "Beer cans have always had pull tabs," one kid of forty said.

    Of course that led to a reference of ways to blow out your flip-flop but I tire easily these days and let it go.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of a church key in years, as a kid I recall pull tabs but they became a choke hazard and were replaced by push button tabs and then the now ubiquitous stay tabs. I was just happy to figure out a way to get the beer home ;-) Fosters -Australian for beer

      Delete