Sunday, July 29, 2018

Three Bike Sunday


Before I get into the 3 bikes I thought I would show off a little birthday gift I got myself.  I was considering another leather Brooks saddle but after reading a number of favorable review of the cambium saddle from Brooks on bike forums, I decided on a C17 and found a good deal and pulled the trigger.  Once its mounted and I have some miles on it I will let you know what I think.

1978 Motobecane Grand Touring


I feel like I have been dragging my heels on the Moto_GT so I got to it on completing the front hub rebuild.

 Fresh grease

 New bearings


Hub complete.


Reshod with the Panacer rubber and back on the bike.


And I got a start on the rear hub which...


Has some sad old grease in it and needs a good clean.


Its important when working on a 3rd floor balcony that you are careful about popping out dust covers with a screw driver...ask me how I know.  This is the view from ground looking up at the apartment - I was sitting where the white t-shirt is hanging on the rail.


Fortunately I was able to find the dust cover where it came to rest way down below. Whew.


And now all the rear hub parts are out and ready for some sonic bath action.


Getting closer on the Moto_GT.

1992 Specialized Allez



I rode the Allez to the farmers market today, it may be my last ride on the Allez before it goes in to dry dock.  I am pretty sure the Allez will get sold after I refurb it and I will keep my eye out for a 58cm frame Allez.


I found some bliss at the crossroads of farmers market and the beer junction.


On my way back to the bike I passed this, any guesses on what that basket is attached to???


Yes its a $40 Schwinn Collegiate,  ok to be fair its got a very nice basket and a  modern twist shifter but $400??! smh.

1990 Bianchi Ibex


I wanted to get a ride in on the Clunker for the challenge today but first I wanted to adjust the rear brake which was a bit weak.  Its better now although it does squeal a bit under hard braking.


My ride took me through Lincoln park which affords great views of the sound and some cool breezes on an 86 degree day.


And in line with my beer theme I had a stop at Beverage place near the end of the ride.


Where I had a recovery drink and some salt tablets after spending nearly and hour in the sun.


And with today's ride I am exactly half way through the challenge distance at 50 kms,

Ride.Smile. Repeat.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan!! I am waaayyy behind reading your posts and catching up. No excuses, I just slacked off on computer time. I'll read a bit and probably have a bunch of comments on the good work you have been doing. Be well my cycling friend.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jim always good to have you stop by, any bike camping trips this summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Ryan but I did not yet write up anything about it. It turned out to be a short bike ride, just four days of riding. Three nights. It was a trip to Ottawa, Kansas for some rail trail riding. It was a tough trip....not as much fun due to HOT. Very Hot. And, I seemed to luck out and faced a strong head wind every day which kind of sucked the fun out a bit. I might do a single overniter here in a week or so and maybe I'll write up a combined post.

      Delete