Sunday, September 20, 2020

Warehouse sale

 


I figured I would try the warehouse sale this weekend.  When I went in the spring I was far enough back in line that by the time I got to the sale it was picked over.  This time I was fortunate to be there early enough to get in with the first group so I had choices.




At the top of my list was a finding a Specialized Rock Hopper. And I actually found two and a Stump Jumper, unfortunately they were all either too small, had a suspension fork or both.


I had seen a Trek 420 on the way in but was in Rock Hopper mode so I left it, when I realized the MTB wasn't going to happen I want back to where the 420 was, but now it was in the hands of a young lady.   Her friend then found a mountain bike she liked better so she handed off the 420 to me.


The first time I looked at the price I saw $45 for some reason, but I decided $75 was still a decent deal and I am happy to put $$ in the pockets of bike works.  Ironically it's the same price I paid for the 520 I just sold.  





It has a few issues, flat tires, out of level handle bars, a horrible comfort saddle and the worst offender a ding in the top tube.   No deal breakers however and although I haven't done any close looking I am about 90% sure this a 1985 exactly the same size and color of the one I sold last fall.


Not exactly sure what I am going to do with this bike, I have a friend looking for a dedicated trainer bike but I think this is a hair small for him.   I am leaning towards some basic maintenance and clean up and then seeing if I can sell it for a profit and if I get no takers it will be my fall/winter tear down project.

Ride.Smile.Repeat


No comments:

Post a Comment