Sunday, June 16, 2019

Fathers Day Ride to Breakfast.


This was fathers day about 8 years ago on a bike errand to the hardware store.  This year my request to the girl was that we would ride the 1 km to the local junction and have breakfast at the Easy Street cafe.




I knew the last time she rode was in Bend, Or. last summer on rented mountain bikes with a friend which meant the Mixte I had refurbed for her had been stuck under the porch for at least a year so I picked it up the day before so I could pump up the flat fires and give it a once over.


After a wipe down with armor all wipes, air in tires and a check and lube of the chain, shifting and brakes it was ready for the 2 km round trip to breakfast.  I swear I could faintly hear a merci beaucoup Monsieur coming from the French market Peugeot.


Despite a long wait for a table at breakfast it was a good fathers day morning.  The girl doesn't like me posting pictures of her to social media these days but she did relent and allowed me to post a shot of us to Instagram stories so it will only be there for 24 hours.  She did have to show me how to access the stories part lol.  I'll take it.   I think the Schwinn I just rebuilt would fit her so I might have her take it for a spin to see if she likes the faster road bike feel.

Ride. Breakfast with the Girl on fathers day. BIG smile. repeat.

4 comments:

  1. Big thumbs up to you, Ryan. A fine father you are! Start them riding young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try, it was pretty cool watching her solo and we have done bike to school and a couple Sunday parkways in PDX, she mentioned she enjoyed Mountain biking with a friend in Bend last summer so I might have to explore that avenue even if its not my bag currently

      Delete
  2. Love the color of the Peugeot.
    I hope your Father's Day this year is as enjoyable as this was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is going to have me over to the house for outside movies and a picnic - looking forward to it

      Delete