Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Holiday Errand



I needed to pickup the French bread I had pre-ordered for Christmas dinner today.  I had to go to the local French bakery, which bike should I take, hmmm....?


Well the French one of course!  I pulled down the Moto_GT, put some air in the tires, threw on a pannier and took off.


I pre-ordered an Epi loaf last week to pick on Christmas eve at 10 am, however when I arrived they were out and wouldn't have more out of the oven for 15 minutes, however they did have regular baguettes fresh out of the oven, they are the same break just a different shape would I like one of those instead...?  Being in the xmas spirit, not wanting to wait around and not wanting to hold up the line, I said sure I can go with a baguette.


Sometimes it pays to be flexible, as a thank you and an apology for not having my pre-order ready at the appointed pick up time they threw in this nice holiday bread, not exactly sure what it is but I think it will probably be tasty and cost many times what I paid for the baguette! .

Happy and Safe Holidays everyone!!

Ride.Smile.Repeat

2 comments:

  1. Christmas score!! All because your Karma was right bringing the right bike!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, turns out it was a Classic Panettone and it was excellent

      Delete