Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Allez Refurb: Finished


I just needed one final push to finish off the Allez. I wanted to adjust the brakes a bit more, cut and cap the cables and finally. wrap the bars.


To fine tune the brake adjustment I decided to break out the recently acquired Pedro's cable puller or 4th hand tool.  I don't know why it took so long for me to get one it was great, I was able to hold and fine tune the cable length and even spin the wheel to check for clearance while the cable puller held everything in place.



Then was on to trimming the cables and capping them. I have had mixed results with end caps staying on but at least the bike can leave me with no frayed ends.



A finally the bar tape, clean hands, patience and lots of checking for gaps as I wrapped.  I used the very last of my electrical tape to secure them and was pleased I didn't run short.  Time for a new roll.

As found May 2018


Finished

The Allez is my 3rd finished rebuild this year after the Novara and the LeTour, although I got a start on the Schwinn last year.  I hope to do at least one more, the Trek 420, before the sunny days are gone.




Ride.Smile.Repeat.

2 comments: