Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Coffeeneuring Challenge 2019: Ride 7: Brews & Blends at Whole Foods



 Another lovely fall day for the final ride of Coffeeneuring 2019.  And my last vintage ride is the 87 Cresta GT, it was nice to get out on the Cresta as it is the bike I have the most invested in and I will be adding to that soon when I put on some fenders this winter.


The coffee shop is where those windows are just over my handlebars, had I been a bit more fortunate in my seating choice I could have kept and eye on the bike while sipping, as it was I locked it up and hoped for the best.


My final choice for coffee was Whole Foods,  its only been open in my neighborhood for about a month and this was my first visit and the first non repeat coffee shop for this year.


I was excited to find out that the coffee shop in the store does both coffee and juice since I am planning to start doing a juice fast soon and on those days I am tired of making my own I can come here to get some.


I went with the classic mocha and croissant which were both good, the coffee shop was fine but it didn't make you forget you were in a grocery store, a very upscale grocery store but still.   While I didn't meet my original goal of getting out of the neighborhood for coffee, I did ride a different vintage steel bike for every ride and 3 of the 7 are now sold!

The data:
  1. Where: Brews and Blend, 4755 Fauntleroy Way SW.  Seattle, WA 98116
  2. Date: November 5th  at 2:20 am.
  3. Consumed:  mocha and croissant 
  4. Details:  Sunny, 50 degrees, bike parking around the corner from entrance
  5. Mileage: 2.45 miles
  6. Bike Used: 1987 Nishiki Cresta GT
Ride. Caffeinate. Smile. Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment