Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Coffeeneuring Challenge 2017: Ride 3 Caffe Ladro


Well here it is only ride three and I have already violated my theme of no repeats!  I am a bad coffeeneur, I should be given a demerit or made to drink sanka or something.  I didn't get a chance to ride on the weekend because I was driving 800 miles over 4 days (Seattle to Portland to Spokane to Seattle) to, with my siblings, help my Mom move.  I took Monday as a recovery day, but I was thinking it would be good to do two rides this week.  A combination of gorgeous weather today with rain expected tomorrow, a compressed timeline and just plain laziness made me decide on the easy route of the short ride to Caffe Ladro today.


I opted for the Passage today since this is ride that is downhill on the way to the shop and uphill all the way back home, although it's really more of an incline than a hill.  I really like the way the Passage gearing lets me spin easy as the road tilts up.


Ladro has a signature drink which is basically a mocha with orange zest but I just went with the regular mocha today.


I really like the croissants at Ladro so that was a natural pairing with the mocha and it was so pleasant outside I was comfortable in shorts as I enjoyed the sturdy and comfy adirondack chairs out on the sidewalk.



And I had a great view as I lingered over my coffee as I let the grade school traffic die down (the local grade school had just let out).

The Data:

  1. Where - Caffe Ladro -West Seattle location
  2. Date - October 24th, 2017
  3. Consumed - Mocha, plain croissant 
  4. Details - Gorgeous Clear 65 degrees!  good bike parking, comfy outdoor seating (adirondack chairs)
  5. Mileage - 3.54 KM / 2.20 Miles
Ride. Caffeinate. Smile. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment