Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Clunker Challenge: Finito


I started the day only needing a 6 mile ride to reach 100 kilometers total on Barney and thereby complete the clunker challenge, but with September quickly slipping away I figured I better get on it with an after work ride.  Because I had stripped Barney of his rack to put it on the Cresta GT I went bike messenger style with a bag to carry my lock and emergency kit.


My ride included Lincoln park which I entered via the back entrance to see the Sun not quite down.


Quiet paths and lots of big trees complement the view of the Puget Sound


And of course a ferry ready to leave the dock.


A 1/2 mile from home I stopped at Zekes pizza for a bit of dinner which of course meant a celebratory beer. A Scuttlebutt Imperial IPA.


Barney has been a good bike for this challenge not much of a clunker at all, that said I do look forward to making some changes now that the budget restriction is off and see if I can make him a bit more comfortable on rides of more that a couple miles.

Ride a Clunker. Smile. Repeat.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Ryan! Now it will be interesting to watch the changes unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking it will go on the back burner a bit with the new Nishiki to take you about town!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly as a rider but with the cold and dark and rain fast approaching it may get some time in the work stand

    ReplyDelete