Monday, September 3, 2018

Clunker Challenge Ride: Baseball Game


With a month to go in the Clunker Challenge I decided it was time to push closer to the 100 km mileage goal and so I got bargain tickets to a Mariners game on Labor day.  It was a nice early September day and I paused at the top of the harbor island bridge to get this shot of downtown.


As with my other clunker rides this one had a beer theme, I am at the ball park after-all, but I didn't take a beer glamour shot this time, however in the lower right corner you can see the top of my can of Red Hook Long Hammer IPA.


I nearly always get 3rd base side nose bleed bargain tickets but this time I opted for the 1st base side and it was kind of fun to get a different perspective and a great view of the skyline.


I left after the 7th inning stretch while there was still a little light and went the multi-modal route letting the bus take me up the last hill.  I did get in enough mileage to get to 90km total on the challenge, so I only need 10 more kilometers on Barney sometime over the next 4 weeks.

I did do some work on the Cresta GT, the shift cables are threaded but the rear shifting, even in friction mode is acting up and the brake cables didn't want to thread easily into the new brake levers so I got nowhere with the brakes.  I will get there and hope to have it done next weekend at the latest.

Ride to the Ball park. Drink beer, Smile. Repeat.

PS The Mariners won!

No comments:

Post a Comment