Sunday, September 16, 2018

Cresta GT: additional touches


I wanted to add a few things to the Cresta GT today but first a ride to the farmers market to get a few more Kilometers on Barney.


I was going to call this post Finishing touches but realized that there is more I want to do but for now I was happy to add a couple bottle cages.



Wrap the handlebars..finally.


And a rear rack, this Blackburn rack has now been on the Specialized, Bianchi and now the Nishiki.  It just seems that a touring bike needs a rack.


I couldn't spend $60 on a FW and not use it so I took off the 5 speed and mounted the IRD Classica 6 speed, and then discovering I needed the extra room I ditched the spoke protector.


After mounting it I found there wasn't enough space between the frame and small cog so I got a spacer (i.e. a washer) an tried it again.


Its a very tight tolerance, I may add a second spacer. but it works.  Next up finishing up the clunker challenge with a 9 km ride and starting on the Schwinn Le Tour.  Possible additions to the Cresta down the road; front rack, fenders and lights.


Ride. Smile, Tinker. Repeat.

2 comments:

  1. Finish line!! beautiful work my friend......you are a bicycle craftsman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim, I had a pretty nice platform to start with.

    ReplyDelete