Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sunday Musings

Looking back over September I realized that this month I have done a pretty good job of rotation in the stable for the Sunday Farmers Market ride:


I led off the month with the Moto_GT.


Handsome devil got the call in week 2.


In Week 3 I rode Barney to get some Clunker mileage.


And today, week 5, I was back to the Moto_GT.   And for week 4 I was in Portland riding the Cresta GT for Sunday Parkways.  And that is literally all the street ride-able bikes I have.



While at the Market I got my normal IPA and picked up my last pint of fresh blackberries, these late season beauties were tart and delicious.


Last Sunday I mentioned that I didn't intend to do any bearing work on the Le Tour, well both the headset and bb felt a bit dry so..


I took apart the headset and indeed

It was pretty dry as I had suspected.

 And the bb was so dry..


 ..it was dusty, so its a good thing I took them apart.  At this point I'm just planning to clean the existing bearing and races and add some new, fresh, grease.


The Le Tour ends the week down to the frame with just the fixed cup to remove before I can clean up the bb shell, finish cleaning the frame and then waxing it.  I also hope to get some more after work rides in but the forecast is currently calling for a rainy week so we'll see.

Ride. Smile. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment