Sunday, July 5, 2020

Allez Rebuild: closing in


While waiting on the new tire for the rear wheel I got the rest of the drive train mounted.  FD.


And RD,

And finally the shifters and I also ran the brake and shift cables/


Pedals..


And cockpit ...

Until finally I was just in need of the rear tire which arrived on Friday.  I let it stretch for a day and fiddled with the brakes and shifting.


Finally on Sunday morning I was ready for a shakedown cruse,  I went about 4 miles and I would say the shifting is about 70% there.  It goes between the two rings up front just fine so that is a relief and I can get into the big cog in back but there are a few dodgy shifts getting through the mid range.  So I will fiddle a bit more before I wrap the bar tape and call it done.    I am growing to like the SIS indexed shifting although sometimes friction is just easier, but I am committed to getting the indexing right on this bike so I will keep at it.  It was fun to finally ride it and it does  seem to love going "fast" that being a relative term for me.  I thought about adding a bike computer but I think for now I will leave it off and just imagine I am going fast lol.

Ride. Red is the fasted color. Smile. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment