Sunday, July 26, 2020

Miyata 112 Rebuild: Progress


I spent time this weekend get the frame waxed and back together since I had already worked on the rust.




Before waxing I did some touch up of the bare spots with some nail polish, not pretty but it will keep the rust at bay.


Since I had the frame waxed I got the headset and and bottom bracket pieces cleaned up so I could reunite the frame and fork and now half the bearings are done.




I took some time today to clean the derailleurs and shifters and then lubed the spring and pivots so I could get them back on the frame.




I am hoping that I can get a bit more done during the week this week so I can use the weekend to finish it off.


I didn't spend much to acquire this bike the parts weren't too expensive so I hope in this crazy market I can do a bit better than breaking even.  We'll see.


Speaking of crazy markets I finally found a mountain bike for my nephew after a couple months of looking, it wasn't the kind of deal I got 10 months ago (pre COVID) but it wasn't way out of line and the bike was only about 5 miles away so that worked out well.  I think by the time I get some new rubber, chain, cables and cassette he should have a nice errand runner, commuter etc for about $200 all in.  The bike nerd uncles time is thrown in for free.


Ride. Smile.Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment