Sunday, October 23, 2016

Coffeeneuring #4: Uptown Espresso



I wasn't really planning on doing a second ride this weekend but it was just too nice outside to pass up and I know I will be doing a road trip on one of the November weekends so it seemed like a good chance to get ahead.



Uptown is a long running local chain, and they have two locations in my greater neighborhood including one in my theme zone.  The location used to be a Skippers and for some reason I can just never settle in here, the coffee is very good the pastry selections is good but there is just no there -there.  The fact that its on one corner of a 5 way intersection might have something to do with it.

Still a bit Skipperish

I had a very nice Irish Cream Latte with a blueberry muffin and it was very good, I even had a nice view of my bike.


There is some nice chalk art and photos paying homage to the 1930s era West Seattle.  I sure wish we still had street cars, the line used to run right in front of where my apartment now stands.

Chalk art -would love a Street car today
To sum up Coffeeneuring #4:
  1. Where: Uptown Espresso, 4301 Edmunds ave SW (California & Edmunds), Seattle WA
  2. When: Sunday October 23rd, 1:45 pm
  3. Drink: Irish Cream Latte with Blueberry Muffin
  4. Ride: Sunny day shirtsleeves weather, bike rack out front -bike friendly and as my theme continues < a mile from home
  5. Distance: 3.52 Kilometers/2.18  miles (via the loopy route)
Out and About

Since I was in the area I visited my favorite purveyor of hop based beverages, The Beer Junction, and got myself a Silver Moon Brewing (Bend Or) HOPopotamus IPA.

hmm Hoppy
I also spotted some cool bikes, a nice Centurion Elite GT that had been converted to a city bike with north road bars.


A very cool Minty Green mixte from a brand I am not familiar with Bobbin.

Which was locked up with a Velo Orange Rando - a model that is a year or two older than the one I had.  I admit a bit of envy that A) that person still had their nice VO Rando and B) they were hanging with a lady with a cool mixte.  Maybe someday.

VO Rando

Until next time; Ride. Smile. Caffeinate. Repeat.

2 comments:

  1. You need to be clear on this "maybe someday" option.....a nice VO Rando or nice lady with a Mixte????? OR, both???

    ReplyDelete