Sunday, October 16, 2016

Coffeeneuring #2: Cupcake Royale/Verite Coffee and Steak!

Costal weather
I decided to put off my ride until Sunday as we were getting allot of rain on Saturday and were expecting an "Epic" winter storm with winds up to 70 mph on Saturday night and Sunday morning, it didn't quite live up to that but Sunday was clearly the better option for riding.



I have ridden and commuted in the rain many times, its Seattle after all, but that was with fenders and I don't currently have a bike set up with them.  Its almost criminally stupid to ride a fender-less bike in Seattle in winter but I have been riding so infrequently that I have gotten away with it.  I do have a nice set of VO fenders that used to be on the Handsome Devil before I went to 700x47c tires and I think they will go on the Schwinn Passage during the rebuild so I'll have a good rain bike.


Before getting coffee I decided to get one of my favorite meals in West Seattle -Steak and eggs at Jak's Grill.   I used to do this all the time but its been awhile, too long in fact and since it's literally next door to the coffee shop I did the combo.  In the picture below that isn't a mimosa, its a MANmosa.  Steakeneuring?

Steak and Eggs - like budda
After that yuumy detour it was time for Coffeneuring #2 at Cupcake Royale/Coffee Verite


Although this place is more famous for their cupcakes then their coffee they aren't exactly serving up Boyd's in glass carafe.
Cupcake bias
but serious coffee cred
Its very hard to come here and not get a cupcake, but their "normal" cupcakes are "uuuuge" to quote a certain New Yorker, fortunately they have the "Babycake" so I could have my cake and eat it too (sorry).

I ended up with the Triple threat chocolate babycake with a hazelnut latte, both were excellent.   The shop itself had kind a college hangout vide despite being at least 5 miles from the nearest college.  I can just see meeting your study group here, spreading out at a table and working on your class project.

Like most places in the commercial core of West Seattle there is a bike rack right outside the door, and for this location even a whole bike corral right across the street.


So ride number 2 is in the books, here is the summary:
  1. Where: Cupcake Royale/Verite Coffee, 4556 California Ave SW, Seattle
  2. When: Sunday October 16th 1:30 pm
  3. Drink: Stumptown Hazelnut Latte and a triple threat babycake
  4. Ride: Since the coffee shop is only .7 miles from me I did a few loops, the location was very bike friendly with a rack right out front.  Wet leaf strewn streets in the aftermath of the storm.
  5. Distance: 3.79  Kilometers/2.355  miles
Until next time; Ride. Smile. Caffeinate. Repeat.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could take credit but this is about the 6th year of Coffeneuring and my first ever participation so far its been fun but as we get into November it could get interesting- weatherwise. Have fun with the Hybrid and yes ducking into cafe's seems a good fenderless strategy.

    ReplyDelete