Sunday, April 1, 2018

Lazy Sunday

Yesterday I said I would ride to the Market and have some beers, I like to keep my word.


Moto_GT got the nod today, every time I take this bike out for a short ride I think this beauty needs the full overhaul/spa treatment.  That day is getting closer, the Campus bike is very close to being done, the Cresta GT is in the on deck circle and then it will be time for the Moto_GT.


It wasn't the most inviting day for the farmers market, 47 degrees and overcast, but it didn't rain on me.  My main goal for this ride was to visit the beer Junction.


I started out with a Built to Sell IPA from Cloudburst brewing, Seattle WA.


Then graduated to a double IPA, the Queen of the Skies, from Airways brewing in Kent WA, very nice.

And I finished off a Stout, Final Departure also from Airways.  The nice thing about a 4 oz pour is that I can sample 3 beers and still ride my bike home in a straight line, for not a lot more than the cost of a regular pint.


I also moved some bike furniture today.  When I first moved in my two bike stand was in the bathroom because it had this odd alcove that was perfect for the stand.  It occurred to me a few years in that a steel bike in a room that gets regular moisture is not a great idea, I'm slow but I can be taught, so its been a clothes rack for the last 3 years.  Today I made some room in the guest room/daughters room (she stays about 4 nights a month) and the rack is currently showing off my collection of 1970s Motobecanes; the soon to be gone (hopefully) Mirage on top and the Moto_GT on the bottom.



Pro Tip:  are you looking at a late 70s Schwinn and wondering where it was made?  Well if it has the words Schwinn approved its made in Japan, and the badge on the head tube and the sticker on the seat tube will also say Made in Japan.  Schwinn name and heritage, Japanese craftsmanship and attention to detail, a great mix IMHO.

I hope that my next post will involve a finished Campus bike.  Ride.Drink Beer.Smile.Repeat.

4 comments:

  1. I used to just do a single pint which was fine and then one Sunday I noticed the 4 oz pours and light dawned -I could taste 4 beers for the same volume and not much more $. They probably have thirty taps at least in that place and they rotate regularly...so many IPAs so little time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have the 4oz pour at local breweries but I like it!! Also your beer stays cold from top of glass to bottom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its a nice way to broaden my sample size without actually drinking more than a pint

      Delete