Sunday, March 17, 2019

Back in the Saddle again



Que the Gene Autry,  I am back in the saddle.  I took a short ride to the farmers market today just to get back on the horse so to speak.  My left wrist is still a bit sore and I have a bit of a lump on my right shin, but I'm much improved from Wednesday.

I also got some work done on the Novara.

I drank beer and got a mini pie but my camera is dead so this post is a bit dry until my phone comes back.

Update

I was able to revive my phone and got the pictures off it.  I have a new one on order but the crash survivor needs to hang in until Tuesday.


The HD sunning himself before our ride to the market on this 60 degree spring day.

Erin go Bragh

I got a dry Irish Stout to drink to himself, St Patrick.  I also got a mini apple pie with cheese and a bit of Bushmills but that mysteriously disappeared before I could snap a picture.

Novara


I needed to address the rust on the seat tube before I could do much else with the rebuild of the Randonee.


A few doses of naval jelly and some dremel work with a brass wire brush took care of the rust and I added some blue nail polish to protect the metal- not a half bad match.


The new seat tube binder bolt seems to work, although the real test will come with riding the bike.


I got the seat post cleaned up and mounted the new VO saddle and got them on the bike.


I got the headset bits cleaned up, installed new bearings and grease and got the fork connected back to the frame.


Starting to look like a bike I can hang stuff on but I need to wax it first and there is the matter of the bottom bracket.


After getting the cups a sonic bath and cleaning them up I found they were pitted and gritty for lack of a better word so a cheap cartridge bb is going on the amazon list along with consumables and a bottle cage.  This probably explains why the crank wasn't turning smoothly.

Cresta GT

I may have found someone through bike forums that can help with the fork on the cresta.


It will involve some bendage to get it back to where it was.  If all goes well I will travel to Portland at the end of the month with the Cresta and we shall see.

Ride. Smile. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment