Saturday, March 9, 2019

(1984?) Novara Randonee tear down


Got around to doing some work on the Novara today, the picture above is where I started.  I was hoping to narrow down the year of the bike but I still have questions.


The serial number doesn't fit into any of the decoders on Bike Forums but I suspect it may be a 1984 and I know the derailleurs are early 80s models.


Removing the wheels always makes me feel like I have accomplished things, I also removed the chain.



I got the hardware store nut and bolt off the seat post and I think I can use the purpose built binder bolt I have on order but the seat tube is going to need some de-rusting and touch up.



I think with some clean up and some wax the frame is going to come out pretty nice.


I got down to the frame, fork and fenders.  The bearings are definitely going to need help, the crank was pretty rough when I turned it.  I am planning to leave the fenders on because they are such a pain to mount and adjust and I think they are about 80% of the way there.


I have a few parts to clean up too.

Ride.Smile. disassemble. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment