Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday Miscellaneous


Sunday was sunny and glorious and I took a 4 mile ramble around the neighborhood on the Nishiki, it didn't quite get to 50 degrees but considering it was snowing on Thursday I will take 48.




It was nice to both have the sun on my face and to be in the saddle.  My left knee has been acting up lately but it felt OK to ride on.


Between the daylight savings time change and making progress on the Novara as a leave-at-work bike I am hoping to get enough miles in before the end of April to not have the Tour De Lopez be a death march.



Speaking of the Novara, I got the filthy bottom bracket out today.  I would have done the headset but the lock nut is on ridiculously tight so I will come back to it.



The seat post binder bolt arrived along with some parts that I will talk about in a later post.  I am hoping to fast track the Randonee to be ready to ride by the end of March.


And finally, after a decade, the Handsome Devil will get a real metal head badge not just a decal,  They just put them on their site and I couldn't resist.

Ride. Squint. Smile. Repeat.

ADDENDUM:



I couldn't leave the headset alone.  I remounted the front wheel, adjusted the work-stand so I could pin it between my legs to immobilize the fork, added a cheater bar to the end of the wrench and presto the lock nut came loose.  The slotted spacer wanted to be a pain but I remembered the shops trick from the Nishiki and I tighten the cone nut which allowed me to loosen the slotted spacer and then it all came out, so down to the frame... with rack and fender attached but ready for clean up and refurb.


No comments:

Post a Comment