Saturday, October 12, 2019

Coffeeneuring Challenge 2019: Ride 1: Hotwire



Well my theme for this year didn't survive the incubation stage, I was going for NIMBY rides this year but that wasn't the case for ride 1.  I wasn't feeling great yesterday and ended a streak of 16 consecutive days of riding my bike.  I was better today but between not being 100% and the possibility of rain meant I wasn't feeling like a longer ride.  I went with a old stand by in the neighborhood, Hotwire Espresso which started life as a internet cafe, remember those?


I did implement my secondary theme, which I alluded to earlier this week.  It is simply to ride all 7 of the vintage steel bikes I currently have in my possesion during the course of coffeeneuring 2019, and to that end I started off with the Takara.  I am secretly hoping this theme also goes off the rails because 3 of those bikes are on CL and I am hoping at least one sells before I can ride it to coffee.


I am still hopeful of getting a few coffee rides outside the neighborhood but I felt it was more important to get a ride in than to adhere strictly to my theme.  I have a pretty flexible schedule and our weather has been fairly mild for October but you never know what may happen so better to bank rides early.  I plan on taking the Trek 420 for tomorrow's ride.


The data:
  1. Where: Hotwire Online coffee house, 4410 California Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116
  2. Date: October 12th at 11:15 am.
  3. Consumed:  Mexican Mocha and a tiny donut
  4. Details:  Overcast and in the low 50s, bike parking near store entrance 
  5. Mileage: 2.0 miles
  6. Bike Used: Late 70s Takara Road bike
Ride. Caffeinate. Smile. Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment