Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Coffeeneuring Challenge 2019: Ride 6: Realfine Coffee


Today's ride was a bit different.  I needed to drop off my car for some brake work and since I had the bike (520) in the car I rode it from the repair shop to coffee and then home.  I went to Realfine, which is a nice little shop just not the easiest to access, minimally parking off a busy road,  but since I was a block away to start with it was easy enough to get to.


The coffee and croissant were very good and the space is nice but doesn't really invite you to hang out although if you need a haircut there is a barbershop adjoining.  One upside to having way too many bikes is that you can have a designated leave in the car bike and in that way the Trek 520 has gotten a number of rides in this fall.  Soon the 520 will go into the repair stand for its long over due spa treatment.




Fortunately by the time I was riding home from coffee morning rush hour had died down, the sky was blue but it was cold enough I wished for full fingered gloves rather than the finger less ones I had, oh well.  The payoff for the cold temps is the trees are still in brilliant fall colors. 

It was nice getting through 6 rides in the first 3 weeks now I have 3 weeks to do one last ride.  The Cresta GT needs its front brakes adjusted to get rid of an annoying squeal and I have been putting that off so now that we are down to ride 7 that will be my incentive to get it fixed so I can finish off Coffeenuring 2019.

The data:
  1. Where: Realfine Coffee, 4480 Fauntleroy Way SW Seattle 98126
  2. Date: October 30th at 8:20 am.
  3. Consumed:  mocha and croissant 
  4. Details:  Sunny, 40 degrees, no bike parking to be had but there are poles to chain to
  5. Mileage: 2.5 miles
  6. Bike Used: 1987 Trek 520 Cirrus
Ride. Caffeinate. Smile. Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment