Monday, October 14, 2019

Coffeeneuring Challenge 2019: Ride 2: Sound & Fog


A lovely fall day for Coffee ride #2, low 50s, clear and with a lightweight merino wool sweater it was great riding weather.


The Trek 420 was my vintage steed of choice in part because someone *might* be coming to look at it tomorrow.  I have had other people ask about it but no one has actually shown up so I am not holding my breath but better safe than sorry.  It was good I did ride it though as the rear shifter wasn't as tight as I would like and I also realized I need to remind any test riders that braking from hoods is just ok but braking with your hands in the bend really brings the bike to a halt adroitly.


Since I have lowered the price a few times I removed the MKS pedals and replaced them with something plainer and the MKS have gone up on eBay so maybe I will get close to my initial asking price when I add it all up.


I didn't want to move bike bags around and I wasn't feeling like wearing a messenger bag so I used two toe straps to lash a lock to the rack so I could secure the bike while I was in drinking coffee.  I am not a big fan of riding with clips and straps but I find toe straps to be very useful for many things.



Ok on to the coffee part, I went to Sound & Fog which is a nice place in the ground floor of one of the many new apartment buildings in my neighborhood.  I came here last year on the Allez Sport.


The mocha and croissant I had were very good but the shop is bit austere for my taste, still its nice to have so many independent coffee shop options in my neighborhood.

The data:
  1. Where: Sound & Fog coffee/wine/beer, 4735 40th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116
  2. Date: October 14th at 11:30 am.
  3. Consumed:  Mocha and a croissant 
  4. Details:  Clear blue skies, temps in the low 50s, bike parking near store entrance 
  5. Mileage: 2.15 miles
  6. Bike Used: 1985 Trek 420
Ride. Caffeinate. Smile. Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment