Sunday, August 26, 2018

Cresta GT: Drive train


On Saturday the derailleurs got the Sonic bath treatment and some 3-in-1 oil on the pivots, before being put back on the frame.  First the Rear.


Then the front.


The crank had to be taken apart because I wanted to replace the oval chain rings with round ones and install a smaller low ring.  As you can see. like the rest of the components the crank was filthy, thank goodness for the Sonic cleaner!


I also carefully documented how everything fit and did the disassembly and reassembly in the same day, lesson learned from the Passage.



New rings.

And back on bike.


This morning I polished the crank arms and put on the MKS sneaker pedals.


I also ran the shifter parts and the seat post through the sonic cleaner so I could finish off the drive train.


After a wipe down and some fresh lube the shifters are back  on the bike completing the drive train.


Next up:  Wheels.

Ride. Smile. Repeat.

2 comments: