Saturday, October 20, 2018

Coffeeneuring Challenge 2018: Ride 3: Sound & Fog


The day started cool and foggy but it cleared into a crisp fall day so I took advantage of it with a Coffeenuering ride.


I wanted to use one of the bikes that needed some help (brakes) to get road worthy so the Allez went into the stand.


And a front brake got the  cable and housing run.  Since I was doing a fairly short flat ride I only ran the one brake, a bit sketchy I know but I dialed it in snug and took a back street route.


The Allez got to rest at a very arty bike rack once we arrived.


I had not heard of this place until a West Seattle friend mentioned it to me, its close and means I won't have to work as hard to fill out the lineup this year.


Sound and Fog has a light, bright spartan Scandinavian aesthetic and the coffee was excellent.  I had a latte and a chocolate chip cookie.


Having gone back to the original cockpit I kind of expected it to be compressed, I still hated the saddle although I got the angle adjusted better but the fit was actually pretty good and I wondered why.  When I got home I measured the stem, it works out to about 100 mm reach.


The compares to about 80 mm for the Nishiki cockpit I was using on the Allez this summer and it might be a bit more of a delta as the Nishiki stem is longer so the bars end up being closer to me than with the shorter stock stem.  Hmm, maybe after I get the Allez rebuilt I might have to ride it a bit more before listing it.


Whoops almost forgot

The data:
  1. Where: Sound & Fog, 4735 40th Ave SW, West Seattle.
  2. Date: October 20th at 3:15 pm.
  3. Consumed:  Latte and Chocolate chip cookie
  4. Details:  Gorgeous fall day, Very arty rack right out front
  5. Mileage: 2.26 miles
  6. Bike Used: 1992 Specialized Allez Sport

Ride (carefully). Caffeinate. Smile.Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment