Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Crazy Coffeeneuring Challenge idea of 2018



Well its that time of year again, the Coffeeneuring Challenge 2018 starts Friday and I plan to make it 3 years in a row of completing the challenge.  I need to go to seven different shops and it occurs to me that I have 4 rideable bikes, 2 bikes that are close to ridable bringing my total to 6 which is only one short of 7 according to my math. Hmmm..




Of course the Cresta GT is going to get ridden.






Barney is still fully functional.




The Moto_GT adds a bit of class to any ride.




And the Handsome devil is always ready to go to work.  So that is the four easy bikes but the other two aren't too far away.




The Trek 420 is docked in the trainer currently but would just need one brake cable run to make road worthy for a short ride.





 The Allez isn't quite as bad as the picture shows -it has been reunited with its original seat-post and saddle and bar/stem combo.  It too needs a brake cable run as well make it road worthy but since it has aero brake levers running the cable and housing will be a bit more work than the Trek.

Man, six bikes its like I have a problem or something, but what to do about #7?
My first impulse was to scour CL for another project bike, shocker, and last week I thought I had a line on a late 80s Novara Trionfo, a poor man’s Centurion Ironman, like the one pictured above.  It was cheap and had Shimano 600 components, but I never got a response, probably just as well.




I have been thinking for a while that I would like to try one of those fancy E-Bikes and the Lime bikes that litter the sidewalks in my neighborhood would allow me to do that and I wouldn't have another bike to store LOL.  So 7 coffee shops on 7 different bikes is this years challenge, let the coffee drinking begin! (on the 12th.

1 comment: