Saturday, October 27, 2018

Coffeeneuring Challenge 2018: Ride 5 Top Pot Doughnuts & Coffee


It was a foggy day in Seattle town, but it was dry so I mounted up for my coffeeneuring ride.




To paraphrase the philosopher Homer; hmmm dooooughnut.


There was no parking any nearer than about 100 feet from the front door, so  I locked the rear wheel to the frame and bribed a dog to watch the Cresta GT.


It took until ride 5 but I finally remember my Patch!  (Patches we don't need no stinkin'...wait we do need Patches.  Sorry channeling old Bogart movies).  I heard a segment on drive time radio talking about Maple bars and its been in my head ever since so the giant I-can't-fit-on-a-plate Maple bar was a no brainer, accompanied by a hazelnut latte.



On the way home I got a nice foggy view of Seattle and ..



..a tunnel of fall leaves, something I really enjoy this time of year and all over the place trees are going out in a blaze of glory.  Oh, and that record on ride 2 this year of 5.28 miles for the longest coffee ride in 3 years...Smashed that with today's ride of 8.85 miles!  It also brought my total miles on the Cresta GT up to 51, so I am one good ride or two smaller rides away from getting to 100 Km on the new bike by years end.

I need to deal with a squeak in the front brakes and get the chain to drop into the small ring more smoothly but I am still loving the ride of this bike.  About 10 minutes after I got back from the ride, I heard the patter of rain.  I love it when a plan comes together.  I have a bike with a rear fender lined up for tomorrow so we'll see how that goes, it needs at least one brake first.


The data:
  1. Where: Top Pot Donuts & Coffee, 2758 Alki Ave SW. West Seattle.
  2. Date: October 27th at 1:15 pm.
  3. Consumed:  Hazelnut Latte and Maple bar
  4. Details:  Foggy fall day, no bike parking in front of store
  5. Mileage: 8.85 miles
  6. Bike Used: 1987 Nishiki Cresta GT

RIde (far).Caffeinate, Smile.Repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment