Thursday, October 18, 2018

Squeezing daylight


With about two weeks to go before we fall back into daylight savings I have gone from chasing daylight to squeezing every available minute.  In order to do that during the week I need to ride near work, and I am fortunate to have a network of trails near my office.  Tonight I rode along lake Sammamish, the views do not suck.


I had hoped to ride twice during the week in the nice weather we've had but I got a pretty bad calf cramp on Tuesday to the point where I was limping which put an end to any thoughts of riding that night.  Today the calf is much better and I was able to get out and enjoy blue skies, temps in the mid 60s and a nice flat trail bordered by a fall collage.



I even got to ride a bit of gravel.  I didn't end up going far, just short of 8 miles, but was happy to take advantage of the nice weather.  I have experienced neck pain after the last two rides on the Ibex so if I ride again next week its going to need to be on a different bike.


I also saw a vintage steel bike on the ride and they aren't as prevalent over here on the east side as much as they are in Seattle.  Is a nice 80s Centurion Iron Man.



Ride in the waning light. Smile.Repeat?

No comments:

Post a Comment