Sunday, October 14, 2018

Coffeeneuring Challenge 2018: Ride 2: Uptown Espresso (Delridge)


Another lovely fall day for Coffeeneuring ride #2, Barney got the call today so I can take him work and leave him for a few weeks to get in some after work rides, as weather allows, before the time change on November 4th.


My destination today was Uptown Espresso,  I did go to a different location for Coffeeneuring 2016, but this is my first time riding here.


The bike parking was a bit sketchy as you can see from the remnants of the mountain bike but I went ahead anyway since I intended to sit outside on this lovely October day in the 60s.


Obligatory shot of bike and coffee shop as proof of completion.



I enjoyed a latte, almond croissant and an October day so nice it felt like stealing.  I will savor this during the coming long grey months.

 A couple milestones today.  This post ties my high water mark from last year of 67 blog posts, and with 2 and half months and five more Coffeeneuring rides remaining I should set a new mark in 2018.   Today was also my longest ever Coffeenuering ride at 8.5 Km, which isn't saying much but it is the record, for now.  Finally, I achieved my goal of two rides in the first week to get off to a good start on Coffeeneuring season.

The data:
  1. Where: Uptown Espresso, Delridge Ave. West Seattle.
  2. Date: October 14th at 2:15 pm.
  3. Consumed:  Hazelnut Latte and almond Croissant 
  4. Details:  Gorgeous fall day, questionable bike rack about 50 feet away
  5. Mileage: 5.28 miles
  6. Bike Used: 1990 Bianchi Ibex (Barney)

Ride a different bike.Smile.Caffeinate.Repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment